Sunday, April 8, 2007

Snow on Easter? Oh no!! My seedlings!

Well, Easter Sunday has come and gone and with it the threat of 30 degree days!! I protected all my hyacinth bean vine seedlings with a styrofoam cup with a rock placed on top. I went out the next morning and all my babies were just fine, a-ok. Stupid weather people, frightening all us silly gardeners with the threat of snow on Easter in Texas!!!
I also saw my finch babies for the 1st time today. Back in November a purple finch mated pair decided to make a nest in my outdoor blinds that are rolled up. Since then, I have watched them from my window court, make 2 nests, lay eggs, watched eggs hatch and watched mama as she sat on nest and dad brings food...all very exciting! Today, while mom was gone I slid a chair up and climbed up. What I saw doesn't really look like birds yet, just a breathing mass of funky looking sparse feathers. But, I am excited that these guys have made it!

No comments: